Monday, June 18, 2007

cleo


I first met Cleo while sitting outside Broadway Cafe with my friend Winston. She walked up with a summer skirt, worn sandals & toenails to match and a camoflauge muscle shirt with a backpack.

Cleo:

1. Was discouraged from studying buddhism from the Pope himself

2. speaks 53 languages, including ancient buddhist

3. has two boston terriers

4. has three boston terriers

5. wants to make a phone call, but her son froze her business and personal bank accounts

6. her son murdered his wife in cold blood

7. her son's wife was making dinner when he killed her in cold blood

8. Cleo did not tell him to murder his wife in cold blood

9. gave Winston the advice, "Take care of your master, and he will take care of you".

10. asked me if I come her often, and I replied, "pretty often".

11. replied to me, "well I haven't seen you last year or the year before".

I replied that Sarah and I had just moved to town.
She told me of many lawsuits she had won; one from the man who lost chunks of his leg to her two bostons, and the other from a neighbor, whose chihuahua mated with a boston in heat.
She never once mentioned why she had a bandage on her face.

I hope I see Cleo again.

3 comments:

A Place Where I Put Stuff said...

you may not know that i know of your web log. i hope that it doesn't weird you out that i have been following it silently for a couple of weeks, but if it doesn't, then surely the eerie tone and lack of appropriate capitalization in this message will give you the jeebies. this is my favorite story i've heard this week, and my second favorite drawing. keep cool in kc.

grk said...

shucks. Nice to hear from you. I can sense your baritone through the lower case.

Brad said...

ahhh... two of my favorite people congregating in one place sharing their appropriately monotone use of e.e. grammar.

this is also one of my favorite stories.