Thursday, October 4, 2007

last days before the first days part 1

What do we do? Hang with each other and dog and cats. We speak to people and hear of birth stories that end with "everyone's different. good luck". We will soon be those people with those lines. However, until then, we try to steer the conversation to such things as the gaseousness of Winston(he helps by offering 'for instances'), the huge flocks of birds chirping day and night in the tree tops that are given to silence then frantic flight and other such things such as houses for sale in NC for a good price.

I got my bike back from 5 months in the shop. I have begun the breezy 2 mile commute to work. It's a good thing. My goal is to commute full time here soon when travel is not needed during the day. I think it can be done. We'll see. As I was leaving for work after lunch, I was helmeting up and I looked down to see Winston peeing on my front tire. Little punk he is. I guess it's Winston's bike now.

Sarah is now 2 cm dilated and the baby has dropped. So, we are as ready as can be for the work to begin. Aunt Kizze and Uncle Nigel will be here next weekend, so we think that may be a fine time to begin. Why not?

Here's a few photos of how we spend our time.



5 comments:

Brad said...

Sure missing you guys. Any update?

naomi-goo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
naomi-goo said...

Oh, you wrote how close you are in the diary.

Praying for you. That's all I'm going to say. "WE ARE ALL PRAYING FOR YOU"

God Bless.

jena said...

You will be great parents! Enjoy the days leading up to the delivery. Everyone does have different birthing experiences, but each eventually produces a sweet blessing. I can't wait to hear news of yours!

Take care of each other,
Jena Penner

PS... we are expecting #5! Our delivery will be via airplane from Liberia...see each delivery is different!!!

grk said...

Thanks for the encouragement. And congratulations to you and yours, Jena. This latest birth of yours sounds like the closest story to the stork I have heard.

Wow:five...

wow:one!

We shall update soon. Thank you all for your prayers; 'rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation and constant in prayer'. Much love to you all.