Tuesday, July 3, 2007

beauty


Greetings all,


The trip south went very well. I have to process it still, but the overall experience left a broad mark on me. My perception of the state of coffee and the future of the state of coffee changed. I dropped dead at a cupping table in Costa Rica. A coffee varietal I had not experienced prior to last week left the old me quivering and bloating on the tiled floor. It takes a while for things to sink in for me sometimes, but when they do, they are there, installed and shiny. More on that later.


As for now, I leave you with one of the more memorable characters of the coffee industry. His name is Gillio. He's probably in his 70's and lives in a little cabin in the cloud forest of Costa Rica. I can't remember where that region is specifically. Anyhow, I am back safely with minimal parasites brought on board. I missed you all so much.

2 comments:

jason dominy said...

My favorite coffee right now is a Costa. I believe it's a Dota, and it sure is good. It's a great all day coffee, and as it get's cooler it gains a weird complexity. Plus, I love the sweetness of it, the balanced body, just a good cup no matter what time of day. Glad the trip went well. Can't wait to hear more about it.

grk said...

Nice review. There's definitely some amazing coffees coming out of Costa Rica these days.